Friday, July 26, 2013

Guy Williams as Zorro


I was 2 years old when handsome Guy Williams made his final appearance as Walt Disney's swashbuckling version of Zorro in 1961. The series had premiered in 1957. It must have hit some pretty heavy reruns somewhere in there, though, because, by the time I was 6 I had official Zorro gloves and a mask and a cape and ran around with a big, thick black crayon drawing "Z's" on things I wasn't supposed to be drawing on!

Years later when my now 16 year old son was a baby, The Disney Channel was running ZORRO every night at Midnight, followed by the classic 1950's MICKEY MOUSE CLUB. MY son was born on Johnny Carson's birthday and we called him the new king of late-night as he just wouldn't go to sleep most nights until after he'd watched ZORRO and Annette!

No comments:

Post a Comment