Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Outer Limits-The Sixth Finger-1963



THE OUTER LIMITS opening creeped me out as a child so I never watched it. I started picking it up in UHF reruns around 1970. It still creeped me out but at age eleven it was kind of cool, too. It also helped that it was now seen on Saturday afternoons rather than after dark.

Never quite as literate as THE TWILIGHT ZONE, the hour-long series nevertheless had some memorable scripts and episodes and often some very impressive performances.

Here, in its entirety, is my favorite episode of THE OUTER LIMITS, "The Sixth Finger." Future MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. and NCIS star David McCallum as the evolving future man.

Also featured are Edward Mulhare whose place in TV history would come later with THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR and KNIGHT RIDER and Jill Haworth who would go on to be the original Sally Bowles in Broadway's CABARET!

No comments:

Post a Comment